Thursday, December 3, 2009

Next Meeting: December 4, 2009

Our next meeting will be held at 7:00pm on December 4, 2009, at HobbyTown.

This meeting, we'll start building something: the Lego Mindstorms NXT 2.0 set which Alex (our gracious host) donated at the last meeting. I'll demonstrate the Lego programming tools, and see if we can get something driving around bumping into things before the evening's done! I'll also bring along my Arduino stuff for those who'd like to try that out.

The Rockland PC Users Group (of which we are a small part) has provided us with a little start-up money. My plan is to buy some tools (a good soldering iron, etc.) and materials (Arduinos, small parts, solder, etc.) to stock our supply cabinet (which RPCUG is also providing). Of course, anything we can get donated leaves us more money for cool stuff! So, if you have anything suitable you'd be willing to contribute (or you're wondering what's "suitable"), please email me.

We will be getting a PC (or two) for our workbench, but in the meanwhile, I recommend bringing your own laptop to meetings if you have one. (Wireless Internet access will also be available, once I locate a spare wireless router - donations welcome!)

Please feel free to bring your questions, half-finished projects, and wannabe-geek friends to come join in the fun! Come get your geek on! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment